Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Lesson in Being Thankful...

As some of you know, Caleb had an MRI at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital today.

Before you start calling me, it was not a big deal, just a precautionary test. To make a long story short, he has a small external birth defect at the top of his bottom and the doctors want to be sure there is nothing going on internally with his spine. They really feel it's just external, but bottom line is if there is something internal, it will be an easy surgical fix and he will be fine.

All that to say, as we walked the halls and spent time in waiting rooms at Vandy today, I was continually thankful for healthy children! I think all too often we take it for granted.

But also I was thankful today that there is a place as great as Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to take care of the children who need that extra tender love and care.

We've now been there once with Emily & twice with Caleb. I pray that will be all the visits for us, but it's good to know they are there if we need them... in the midst of life's craziness, don't forget to be thankful for the "little" things!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena