Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A 3 year old's perspective on Easter

I just wanted to share what happened at the Crosby house tonight...

I was cutting green strips of paper in preparation for next week & my sweet Emily Grace picked up 2 of them & starting waving them up and down saying "Praise God, Praise God" so I picked up the video camera & starting filming, here's what she said,

Emily: Praise God, Praise God (waving her green strips of paper)

Mommy: Where did you learn that?

Emily: At my church

Mommy: Is that what they did when Jesus came down the street?

Emily: Yes and He died on a cross

Mommy: Then what happened?

Emily: They put him in a tomb, and rubbed stuff all over his body like "spikes"
(I'm assuming she means spices)

Mommy: Then what happened, did he stay in the tomb?

Emily: No, Mommy, Jesus is alive again!

It's amazing that such little minds can grasp such eternal things!!

I thank God for my church, Grace Community & the eternal things the teachers there are sharing with my child! Just when you think they aren't listening..... you'd be surprised! Keep up the good work, Grace Acres!

2 comments:

Ange said...

Wow! To have that innocence and faith like a child again. Thanks for sharing Christy, that just brought me out of the really bad mood I was in.

Love you!

Christine said...

Oh, I just got chills! That makes it all more clear that we have to be like a child to enter the kingdom of God. So awesome. Love you!

 
Designed by Lena